Gone are the days when you would hide your bump under the sari palla or over-sized clothes. Now is the time to celebrate pregnancy. You should be proud of it; after all you are carrying a new life within you. Let the world know. You can be pregnant and still look a million dollars. Here’s what to wear during pregnancy:
- There are many Apparel brands that have launched their own maternity wear. But mind you they can be a little expensive. But what’s a little moolah if you want to retain your style quotient with attractive, fashionable and chic pregnancy clothes.
- Check out baby stores as many of them keep inexpensive maternity wear from little known brands. These brands may not have their flagship/retail stores but they sell through other retailers.
- Visit online stores for some great maternity wear.
- You can get fab pregnancy dresses made by your designer or trusted tailor at a fraction of a cost.
But before you go on a shopping spree, keep these things in mind regarding what to wear in pregnancy:
- If you are shopping when you are in 5-6 month of pregnancy, buy clothes one size larger as usually belly enlarges in/after 7 month.
- Pregnancy makes your boobs bigger and fuller. Indulge in a little cleavage show-off with sexy décolleté tops.
- If you find your buttoned jean pants constricting, opt for harem, Palazzo or dhoti pants. Buy elasticated jeans, they look really cool.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes during pregnancy. Skirts and long dresses are roomy and look incredibly sexy too.
- What bra to wear during pregnancy? Avoid under-wire bras as they can be uncomfortable. If you don’t want to invest in expensive bras, buy nursing bras in your 6-7 months, they will last you for a long time. And they are quite roomy and comfortable too.
Keep in mind what not to wear during pregnancy.
- Don’t buy tight clothes especially around the belly. Give yourself some room to breathe.
- Don’t buy short/cropped tops which give frequent peep-shows of your belly. Believe me, it doesn’t look as good as it should. .
- Some women instead of buying maternity wear opt for over-sized clothes. What they don’t realise is though the over-sized clothes give them ample room around the tummy, they are loose and sag at other places, for instance shoulders. Never do that unless you want to look like you have borrowed clothes from your very large cousin.
- What shoes to wear during pregnancy? Whatever you do, just don’t wear high heels or stiletto heels. IWear sturdy sandals or shoes that have a little heel or sensible wedge heels or platform heels. Go for buckled sandals as they provide extra security and comfort while walking.
Hope you liked what to wear during pregnancy in India. What did you wear during pregnancy? Do share with us some tips and tricks.