Come the Women’s Day, and people suddenly start clambering to serenade women. A week or so, when every woman on this earth is made to feel special; given beautifully worded cards, offered expensive gifts and taken to restaurants. And, then she is dumped unceremoniously like a bag of hot coals.
This post I am writing to let every woman know that you are the best, you don’t need the world to love you. There are reasons enough for you to start loving yourself.
These are the top 10 reasons I love being a woman. I am sure you will find some which resonate with you too!
1. I carry another human being inside my body for nine months without complaining once. I nurture her and raise her to be fit for the world.
2. I have a thousand and one clothes for all occasions; sportswear for evening walk, active wear for morning walk, gym wear for the gym, clothes to pick up my daughter from the school, dresses to wear to her swimming class, dresses to wear to meet the neighbor, dresses for my girls’ night out, clothes for going out to movies, and don’t even get me started on the lingerie and footwear. And I still cry – “I have nothing to wear!”
3. Everyone can walk and talk, what’s the big deal! I cook and talk, drive and plan the dinner menu for the evening (yes, that’s what is on my mind when I turn right after indicating the left signal), and mmm, even plan my child’s birthday party on the bed without the man in my life knowing it … EVER !!! (Am I letting out a secret? Go figure out!)
4. I cry at the drop of a hat and no one judges me. Watching a sad movie, I cry, listening to the national anthem, I cry, I cry even when there is a happy ending. My roses don’t bloom, I cry, and I cry when I can’t get a reason to cry.
5. I am soft like butter, and hard as an iron nail. And my tongue is a whiplash! Wanna try?
6. I can look like death personified, but a red lipstick and a black kohl work magic on me and make me look like a diva, all in a matter of 2 minutes.
7. I forget things all the time and blame it on my hormones. But, no one wonders how is it I never forget my salon appointment or the date with my friends. ? Now what was I saying ….
8. I change my mind a hundred times in a day. I might have decided pasta for dinner, but end up serving khichdi. I might not be talking to her in the morning, but by evening she is my BFF.
9. I am like a super creature with multiple departments in my brain where I store every one’s problems – the maid’s, children’s, neighbour’s, colleague’s, friend’s and even the vegetable vendor’s. And come up with quick and perfect solutions!
10. I love the way things fall in place (automatically) when I set my mind to it. How a rendezvous with friends (not mine) is suddenly cancelled because I am not too keen! (But, darling, are you sure?) The darling is!
Did someone call me manipulative? No, I am not. I am tenacious and resourceful, if you like! It’s something like the dialogue from My Big Fat Greek Wedding – Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants.
Do you have more reasons to love yourself on this women’s day? If so, do give me a shout, I would be more than happy to hear from you!
Wishing you all a very happy Women’s Day!!
May you love yourself more with each passing day!!
This post is a part of #WomensDayBlogParty. I’d like to thank Veena for introducing me. Veena blogs on books, activities, games and motherhood in general. Read her post for this blog party here The Reading Monster.
Also, do visit my friend Sonam’s blog post on The Magic Platter to read her perspective on the topic. Sonam Jain, a mother of a toddler, is a homemaker and a food artist. She took up blogging to help moms of fussy eaters to get their kids love food. Her platters are whimsical, colorful and healthy.