September was an exhilarating month with #MyFriendAlexa where I wrote more than 10 posts in one month combined with daily visiting at least 10 blogs and reading their posts. It helped me immensely, or rather helped my blog’s Alexa rank to take a swift tumble. As of today, my Alexa ranks stands at 25,585 in India and 671,720 globally. Believe me, it’s a huge slash. I want to keep the momentum of September up this month as well. And for the same, I am challenging myself to be more productive in October. How? Read my October Goals.
Writing posts for Firsttimemommy: While I might not be able ace my blogging goals and write 10 posts this month (what with Diwali ki safai (annual cleaning), festive shopping (minimal though), preparing for Karwa Chauth, and also because I am travelling for 15 days during Diwali holidays), I will still be contributing at least 6-8 posts this month. I will also be writing and scheduling posts for the first 15 days of November when I would be travelling. So you see, I need to ask my mind and my fingers to work over time. 😊
Launching #TellTaleThursday: Priya and I are launching #TellTaleThursday – a prompt based fiction writing challenge every Thursday on my Fiction blog. Every Thursday, we will present a new interesting prompt – could be an image, dialogue, quote, scene and you have to let that creative juice flow and write down your take on the prompt. Do check out and join us.
Hosting a guest blog hop party: Didn’t I say I will be pushing myself harder this month? And still have all the fun. I have been writing on my blog for last 5 years on pregnancy and parenting, but of late, I have realised that as a mother I have huge responsibility on my shoulders. The responsibility to keep myself fit, urge my family to stay healthy and do my utmost to keep our small loving unit mentally and physically fit. Hence, I have now started contributing regularly towards Health, Fitness and Wellness.
One of the endeavours towards this initiative is a Food and Fitness Guest Blog Hop Party that I am co-hosting with Aesha, Deepa and Mayuri. If you are interested in food and fitness and want to join our Get Fit, Stay Fit with Bon Happetee blog hop party (there are giveaways too), feel free to contact any of us. Details will follow soon.
Doing book reviews: Well, reading books has always been my passion. But now I am moving towards writing about books that I have read or which have touched my heart. In simple terms, it is called book reviews. BlogChatter’s AtoZ helped me do quite a few book reviews, and now I want to keep that thread alive. This month, I will be doing a book review on a World War based book for Shalini’s blog. If you are interested in doing a guest blog post for her blog, you can write to Shalini Baisiwala. She has given some really interesting topics on Books and Travel.
I have also downloaded on my Kindle two more books –
- A Girl In The New Town by Alpana Deo and
- Eighty Hours To Save Karen by Sitharam Jayakumar
- And one more request to review a Young Adult fiction by Jinal.
Hopefully, I will be able to read them during Diwali holidays and do a review.
BTW, I have published my own fiction novella too. If you are interested, you can download or order your own paperback from Amazon. I will always keep you in my prayers if you do a review of my book Tara on Amazon and/or Good Reads.
Participating in a Book Club: I have recently joined a library close to my home which helps me indulge my love for books and reading. The owner of Just Books Andheri library Saraswati is a well learned lady and I love talking to her. She has grand plans for her library and I find her jolly, disciplined and methodical. She has started a Book Club which meets on the first weekend of the month and discusses an author, book or series.
This month I will be presenting my favourite author – Agatha Christie. I will be revisiting some of her books to give a well balanced and authoritative presentation.
Bringing home more plants: My kitchen garden has taken a slight blow these last few months due to lack of time and negligence on my part. I plan to remedy that this month. I am bringing home a few plants and promise to look after them.
So you see, I have a lot going on for me this month as far as work goals are concerned. Now, how do I propose to keep myself on top of my game. How to be more productive? By:
- Believing in myself: Half the battle is won if you believe in yourself that you can do it. Click To Tweet It’s not just a tagline, but a life saviour. Yes, I can do it.
- Planning well: planning is the key to any project. Prepare a list of tasks for every day, try to keep it as detailed (with time slots) as possible.
- Exercising discipline: Another big word – discipline. If I stick to my plan and schedule, there is nothing in the world that can stop me from achieving my October goals.
- Cutting down on social media: Well, somethings need to take a back seat, and this month it has to be social media. I will be seen less on social media and definitely less scrolling down. I will still be visiting my favourite blogs and commenting on them, but social media will have to miss me this month in order to help me achieve my work goals.
- Entailing help: I have a lot on my plate this month, and I have requested my daughter and my husband to help me. Help me by pulling their own weight around the house. Let’s see. Fingers crossed! LOL!
So this is the summary of my October Goals – How I am challenging myself to be more productive? How about you? What are your October goals and how are you planning to be more productive this month?