We often wonder how some people get pregnant fast while others keep on trying to conceive for years. There are certain health complications too, but more often than not, conceiving also depends on the time and manner in which you indulge in physical intercourse.
Fertile Window/Days to get pregnant fast
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t get pregnant every time you have unprotected sex. There’s only a window of 24-48 hours during your ovulation when you are the most fertile. But having intercourse before your fertile window also helps as the sperm can remain in your reproductive system up to five days before your ovulation period. However, two or three days prior is the most fertile time and you have better chances of conceiving.
How to know when you are ovulating?
Once we decided to have a baby, my husband and I were quite impatient. So I visited my doctor every couple of days after a week from my menstrual date. She would vaginally examine me. A week later, she confirmed that I was ovulating. I didn’t know, at that time, there were Ovulation Prediction Kits readily available in the market using which you can find out your fertile days sitting right at home.
However, you don’t necessarily have to visit your gynecologist. It’s a simple process really and you can check your ovulation period at home.
For determining this, you need to know:
- First day of last period – Note down the date when your period commences. There are apps which help you keep track of it.
- How long your period is – Again, note down the day when the period got over.
- How long your cycle is – This is the duration between the first day of your period till the first day of your next period.
Usually, you ovulate 14 days prior to your period. For example, if you have a 28-day cycle, you ovulate on day 14 and if you have a 30-day cycle, you ovulate on day 16.
Ovulation Prediction Kits
Ovulation prediction kits help you determine whether you are ovulating or not. However, it isn’t foolproof. Some women may find that ovulation strips don’t work for them. If you test at the wrong time of day or drink a lot of water during the day so that your pee is too diluted to get a positive LH surge, the kit might fail to register even when you are about to ovulate.
Tracking your cervical mucus
If you observe closely, right after your period, you will feel dry. A few days later, you will see a sticky discharge and then even creamy discharge. However, in the middle of your cycle, you will see that there is a white ‘egg white’ like discharge. This egg white cervical mucus is clear, slippery and you can stretch it like an elastic between two fingers. It can even be seen on your underwear.
When you get to the clear egg white discharge, you should know that you will be ovulating very soon. And, it is time for some fun! 😉
However, even during sex, take care of a few things for fast conception.
What you can you do to get pregnant fast and easy?
- Have unprotected sex daily or twice daily or as much as possible for the next 4-5 days. Turn it into a sex marathon. It helps in producing fresh and healthy sperm.
- Avoid using lubrication, but if you are using a lubricant, get one that doesn’t inhibit sperm mobility.
- Have intercourse in doggy style or man-on-top position. They help in positioning the sperm as near to your cervix as possible.
- Also, after sex, keep lying on the bed for some time and please don’t rush to the bathroom to pee. I know it sounds gross but that’s how it works.
- And please enjoy. What’s the point of creating a baby if you don’t enjoy the work behind it? 😉
- Get a pregnancy test 8-10 after you have missed your period date.
We did get pregnant fast and easy. What tips or positions you followed to get pregnant fast and easy?