A few days ago, I had shared my easy homemade strawberry jam recipe. And I had also promised I would share another fruit jam recipe. So here it is, my easy homemade black grape jam recipe.
It’s the season of grapes – luscious green and vibrant black grapes. While you can dry your grapes out in the sun to make kishmish or munakka (dried black grapes), you can also make a homemade black grape jam.
Homemade black grape jam is super easy and simple as it uses only three ingredients. Here is my easy homemade black grape jam recipe.
How to make black grape jam at home?
- 500 black grapes, washed.
- Blitz it in a deep bottom pan.
- Put it on the gas.
- Add rock salt or Himalayan salt as per taste.
- Stir it every now and then.
- Check for the consistency. Once the excess water dries up, turn off the gas.
- Add a tbsp of raw honey (optional), but I find it gives the jam a more balanced flavour.
- Scoop out the contents in a sterilized jar.
This black grape jam is sweet and tart, just the way I love! To tell you a secret, I like this way more than my homemade strawberry jam.
Things to remember:
- Make the black grape jam anywhere between December to March when the grapes are round or oval and sweet.
- Prepare the jam in a small batch the first time.
- You will know that the jam is ready when the jam starts sticking to the spoon and doesn’t fall as liquid but as a blob. Turn off the gas immediately, as the jam continues to thicken as it cools down.
- This black grape won’t stay for a long time, max 2-3 months in the fridge. So, consume it as fast as you can.
- Do not put glass jars in the freezer. They break and the jam will be rendered inedible.
- This is a vegan black grape jam recipe with no sugar and without artificial preservatives.
Enjoy this homemade black grape jam with parantha/roti, toast or as a topping for your plain curd or vanilla ice cream.